acceleration sluggish - high rev - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default acceleration sluggish - high rev

Took about an hour trip, both ways today. As I was accelerating in sport mode, it felt that the engine was revving high to get to speed. Acceleration was sluggish. No warning or dash lights came on. Was in Sport mode at 27 battery life. Any ideas before I bring to the mechanic? Stealth mode seems fine
FiskerLouisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Or is this a case of the "ghost" in the car? Like the one who turns off my AC periodically?
Old 04-13-2017, 10:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

or makes my PRND disco ball blink?

Old 04-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fisker Miami

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)

How many miles was left on the HV battery ? This is a common problem when you have a HV module thats weak or more then one module that's faulty .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
How many miles was left on the HV battery ? This is a common problem when you have a HV module thats weak or more then one module that's faulty .
I try to keep it at the 27 mark but it was no less than 24
Old 04-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)

Have you owned the car for a while and noticed a difference and/or decrease in performance.

what you are describing sounds like common performance to me for the car operating in Sport Mode. On the highway Sport Mode is charaterized by an annoying and pronounced high reving ICE combined with undramatic acceleration.

IMO the ICE sounds so bad in the cabin I hate to even drive the car in Sport.
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrillt View Post
Have you owned the car for a while and noticed a difference and/or decrease in performance.

what you are describing sounds like common performance to me for the car operating in Sport Mode. On the highway Sport Mode is charaterized by an annoying and pronounced high reving ICE combined with undramatic acceleration.

IMO the ICE sounds so bad in the cabin I hate to even drive the car in Sport.

I have owned the car for about 3 months. I feel like some days are better than others. I hope you are right about the "pronounced high-revving ICE combined with undramatic acceleration. "

I took it out this morning and I feel like it starts to happen when I hit that 27 battery mark in Sport mode. Let me ask you this; If I leave my driveway with a full 50MILE charge, in Sport Mode, is it supposed to drain down to 27mile and hold at 27? Or should it hold at the 50mile when I locked it in the driveway?

I also feel like I do not get a full 50 miles out of a charge. Again, some days are better than others, I feel...
Old 04-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerLouisiana View Post
ILet me ask you this; If I leave my driveway with a full 50MILE charge, in Sport Mode, is it supposed to drain down to 27mile and hold at 27? Or should it hold at the 50mile when I locked it in the driveway?

I also feel like I do not get a full 50 miles out of a charge. Again, some days are better than others, I feel...
The behavior you are experiencing is normal for the Karma. There are a ton of threads on this board about how the battery depletes in Sport mode until 26/27 miles remain and holds at that level, or how the ICE RPM is only somewhat correlated to driving conditions.

As for '50 miles of range', that's theoretically possible on a perfect day with a marketing person in the passenger seat recording the mileage. The range guess-o-meter in the Karma isn't particularly smart or accurate. The average owner with a healthy battery will see between 32 and 45 actual miles of all-electric range depending on driving style, average speed, temperature and terrain, not necessarily in that order. If you have particularly above- or below-average conditions your range results will differ correspondingly.

Brent
Old 04-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ View Post
The behavior you are experiencing is normal for the Karma. There are a ton of threads on this board about how the battery depletes in Sport mode until 26/27 miles remain and holds at that level, or how the ICE RPM is only somewhat correlated to driving conditions.

Brent
I would suggest taking a quick read through this thread for more detailed information.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)

Maybe your exhaust is toast and is contributing to the noise.

You may have hidden codes without MIL. Try use a hand scanner and seeing if any hidden codes are stored.
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote