New to forum looking at Karma - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default New to forum looking at Karma

Hello i have been watching Karmas for the last year or so and think now might be the time to buy w/ the company coming back. Ive searched but didnt see a whole lot of recent posts about if people think we will see the prices start to climb in the next 6 months to a year? Also was curious if you could tell me what updates and recalls have been done to YH4K14AA7CA000456, it only has 4k miles so im worried all the bugs might not have been worked out. Thanks
bmw tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fisker Miami

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)

IMO the price of the Karma won't increase and parts will eventually get harder to get. If you have a local Fisker service provider close by you can consider buying one. If your not close be very careful what you buy and from who you buy it from.
There is plenty of problem Karmas on the road now.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw tuning View Post
...searched but didnt see a whole lot of recent posts about if people think we will see the prices start to climb in the next 6 months to a year?
Why would you or anyone think there would be a climb?!? The car market like any other market is bound by basic Econ 101 - Supply and Demand. I just donít see a dry supply (plenty for sale in listings) or a ultra-hot demand for a vehicle most common non-enthusiast car buyers erroneously think is totally unsupported.

I definitely echo HG above in saying don't worry about appreciation - it's just not going to happen and to think otherwise is delusional. Actually, when you look at the market absolutely no 5yo car especially one with a checkered/spotty past appreciates - it just has never happened and probably won't in this case. Looking at history it typically takes even iconic cars 20+years before they even see a blip in appreciation and even then it's typically a gradual slow climb.Only ultra-limited production super halo cars get appreciation (ie LaFerrari) or niche collector vehicles see it sooner or abruptly.

The automotive 80s-90s true icons like the NSX, Ferrari Testarossa/328/308, and a few others have only just recently started to move up price wise while others like a C4 ZR1 remain stagnant and Vipers are still falling.

Although a great looking vehicle, I can assure you the Fisker Karma is not in that league of those iconic vehicles and doesnít have enough recognition by the general public to excite a mass collector buyer surge to move the price IMO.
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrillt View Post
Why would you or anyone think there would be a climb?!? The car market like any other market is bound by basic Econ 101 - Supply and Demand. I just donít see a dry supply (plenty for sale in listings) or a ultra-hot demand for a vehicle most common non-enthusiast car buyers erroneously think is totally unsupported.

I definitely echo HG above in saying don't worry about appreciation - it's just not going to happen and to think otherwise is delusional. Actually, when you look at the market absolutely no 5yo car especially one with a checkered/spotty past appreciates - it just has never happened and probably won't in this case. Looking at history it typically takes even iconic cars 20+years before they even see a blip in appreciation and even then it's typically a gradual slow climb.Only ultra-limited production super halo cars get appreciation (ie LaFerrari) or niche collector vehicles see it sooner or abruptly.

The automotive 80s-90s true icons like the NSX, Ferrari Testarossa/328/308, and a few others have only just recently started to move up price wise while others like a C4 ZR1 remain stagnant and Vipers are still falling.

Although a great looking vehicle, I can assure you the Fisker Karma is not in that league of those iconic vehicles and doesnít have enough recognition by the general public to excite a mass collector buyer surge to move the price IMO.
agree plus its a 4 door. Not many iconic collectible 4 doors. Just enjoy the car for what it is.
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote