Driver's door won't unlock inside or out!! - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Driver's door won't unlock inside or out!!

For about 2 months now, my driver's door touch pad inside and out only works about 50% of the time and for the last week it won't work at all. What a major inconvenience, and embarrassment, as I have to open the passenger door and reach across to pull the emergency pull ring every time I need to get in my car. I took apart the door panel and pulled some of the wires off and back in the harnesses, and it worked for a few days after that, 100% of the time, so I can only assume there is a short somewhere unless it was just a coincidence. Tampa Fisker hasn't been able to take my car in for service for over a year now so I think I am done with them. PLEASE HELP!!
WOW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW! View Post
I took apart the door panel and pulled some of the wires off and back in the harnesses, and it worked for a few days after that, 100% of the time, so I can only assume there is a short somewhere unless it was just a coincidence. Tampa Fisker hasn't been able to take my car in for service for over a year now so I think I am done with them. PLEASE HELP!!
This is just a guess, but if messing with the harness fixed it, albeit temporarily, it seems like it is a connection problem, not a short. Can you tell if the connectors are making solid contact? Maybe one of the pins is bent or pushed in and making intermittent contact? Just going off my usual electrical system debugging protocol.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote