Heads up...Display - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2017, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Garage
Default Heads up...Display

Did anyone install one? I have a BMW with heads up display and I like it a lot. I doubt the HUD unit would be as nice. My concern is the reflective tape you have to use. You could put it in the lower left corner.

Any feedback?

Amazon HUD unit
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomak View Post
Did anyone install one? I have a BMW with heads up display and I like it a lot. I doubt the HUD unit would be as nice. My concern is the reflective tape you have to use. You could put it in the lower left corner.

Any feedback?

Amazon HUD unit
There are a number of these. There are even apps that can run on your phone that you can use to project the HUD screen on your windshield or on a combiner glass.

The real limitations, IMHO, are that the after-market apps or devices require power and data connections to the OBD port which are very unsightly, and also the method of securing the device to the windshield or the dashboard could potentially damage the car's interior finish. Even if you use a wireless OBD scanner, you still need to provide power to the projector. I have not seen any device that can be installed without making it look like crap.

I would love to have a HUD, and have researched the available systems from time to time, but have yet to find one that I would inflict on the beautiful interior of my Karma.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
There are a number of these. There are even apps that can run on your phone that you can use to project the HUD screen on your windshield or on a combiner glass.

The real limitations, IMHO, are that the after-market apps or devices require power and data connections to the OBD port which are very unsightly, and also the method of securing the device to the windshield or the dashboard could potentially damage the car's interior finish. Even if you use a wireless OBD scanner, you still need to provide power to the projector. I have not seen any device that can be installed without making it look like crap.

I would love to have a HUD, and have researched the available systems from time to time, but have yet to find one that I would inflict on the beautiful interior of my Karma.
I totally agree! This is why I am hesitant to do anything to the car. I am thinking I will powder coat the rims though and make them a Black Chrome like my Avatar.
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote