Fisker Buzz Forums banner

HV battery issue?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sigurd 
#1 ·
I usually drive the same route every day. I've done so since I first bought my car in 2011. I have seen a pattern of usually getting to work and home without having to use ICE. Sometimes I have to use it for a couple of miles depending on temperature and how fast I drive. This is still true for me. But lately I have noticed two things: 1. It takes a lot longer for the battery miles to drop (I used to lose 5 miles before I was out of my neighborhood, now I only lose 3), 2. That once the car hits 7 miles left on battery, it rapidly goes to zero. Weak cell in the HV battery, right? That's what I have been thinking. Another thing I have noticed is that once the ICE kicks in, the battery might go into red for a little bit, before recovering and then it goes into the normal "maintain" mode. Today, I drove much further and I hit "sport" at 7 miles left, it went to 0 quickly, into red for a few miles and then built back to 7 miles. When I was about 5 miles away from the house, I went out of "sport" mode and then the battery took me home with miles disappearing as when the car was new. Do you guys still think it's a weak module or could it be the BCM?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.