Register Karma in California - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2016, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default Register Karma in California

Hey guys,

I just got my car last week and i need to register my Karma here in the state of California, only problem is that the check engine light is on and i'm not quite sure if the Karma needs a smog check??? obviously if it has the check engine light on then the test will fail..

At this point my car has no plates/registration, it's from out of state. I gotta register this car!!

Thanks guys!!
vicmm027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fisker Miami

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)

You can try doing a hard reset and keep your fingers crossed the light goes out. If not find a shop that can try reading the codes and resetting the check engine light that way . If those attempts fail you will need to find a local CSP that can read the codes .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicmm027 View Post
Hey guys,

I just got my car last week and i need to register my Karma here in the state of California, only problem is that the check engine light is on and i'm not quite sure if the Karma needs a smog check??? obviously if it has the check engine light on then the test will fail..

At this point my car has no plates/registration, it's from out of state. I gotta register this car!!

Thanks guys!!
I bought mine in California 4 years ago and the state of California has never required a smog check for me to renew my registration. Was the car previously registered in another state?

You could most likely reset the MIL/CEL using a simple OBDII reader. You will lose all the data, but you can turn the light off.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Last edited by Fabulist; 05-31-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Fabulist is online now   Reply With Quote