Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Steering problem

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Nin ja 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Today i noticed twice that my steering wheel locked for a little moment when turning.
But later the steering wheel locked when i was driving faster, couldnt stear and the symbol that something was wrong with steering system showed. I stopped the car and the steering worked again, quite scared since it could ended really bad.

Anyone had this problem?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
@Michael - if you don't have the owners manual, see the attached excerpt of Page 35 from the Quick Reference Guide. It shows the Power Steering reservoir just to the left of the drivers side headlight.

See the attached excerpt from Page 36 of the QRG shows Pentosin CHF202 as the recommended power steering fluid.

Good luck!

Attachments

#7 ·
(What I learned from Wheeler Dealers ... ) If low fluid is the only problem I believe the thing to do is add fluid, then turn on the car and the wheel from extreme left to extreme right and back again a few times ... then turn off the car and lit it sit for a little and see if more bubbles work their way out and lower the level. You may need more. Repeat until it seems to work well and the fluid level doesn't drop. You might want to be on some "slick pavement".

Disclaimor - I am not a mechanic, but it's what I saw on TV. Don't think it can hurt you.

#8 ·
Not a fluid problem. Likely a power supply or ground issue. If it didn't store any fault codes check the main 2 heavy wire connector at the pump. It's hard to reach. check the 12v battery cables at the posts as they corrode/loosen and the high amperage draw of the ps pump causes it to open circuit. Check the 50Amp fusible link downstream in the fender about 18" from Pos battery terminal I've seen solder joints open up there. Lastly check the ground. It should be the one on the right front frame rail below the turbo boost hoses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.